I’m Nancy Sheads — paper crafter, blogger, Copic instructor, and the artist behind Rowhouse Greetings. I teach Copic card classes at Photo Scraps in Eldersburg, Maryland and at The Queen’s Ink in Savage Mills, Maryland. You can find more details about classes on my teaching schedule page. My teaching philosophy is simple – I want you to feel confident when you color and have fun with your markers. In class, I’ll walk you through the techniques you’ll need in order to complete the class projects. My goal is for you to be able to incorporate the techniques and skills you learn in class in order to develop a style that is uniquely your own.
My style is clean and simple. After I’ve spent all that time coloring, I want the image to take front and center. I get easily frustrated shuffling through stacks of paper and messing with intricate card designs. So I don’t add a lot of ribbons, flowers or other fru-fru to my cards (it was a big day when I started adding sequins!). Cards are meant to be shared so if I can’t fit it in an envelope and mail it, then what’s the point?
I currently design for Power Poppy as a member of the Instant Gardener team. I also design cards and store models for the two aforementioned paper craft stores as well. Speaking of which, please support your local scrapbook stores – we are losing more and more of them each year to a big online store and the big box craft stores whose names we all know. Your local scrapbook store can provide you with a wealth of knowledge and information on paper crafting that is not always available elsewhere. They also provide a home for the larger paper crafting community that will be sorely missed if we just let them slip away. So please – shop at a small business if you can.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me – if I don’t know the answer, I may be able to direct you to someone who does!
- Jennifer Dove’s Advanced Copic Boot Camp – May 2017
- Imagination International Workshop Series – More Whimsical Faces and Hair – Fall 2016
- Imagination International Workshop Series – Vintage Values and Monotones – Fall 2016
- Imagination International Copic Standard Certification – March 2016
- Imagination International Copic Intermediate Certification – March 2016
- Imagination International Workshop Series – Coloring Flowers with Copics – March 2016
- Imagination International Workshop Series – Dress for Success – Fall 2016
- Jennifer Dove’s Copic Boot Camp – November 2015
- Numerous classes with Rhea Weigand of Passionate Paper Creations – 2014-present
DESIGN TEAMS (Current)
- Power Poppy Instant Gardeners – June 2016-present
DESIGN TEAMS (Past)
- Passionate Paper Creation & Friends – July 2016-January 2017
- Creative Basics Design Team – July 2016 – August 2017
- LDRS Creative – September 2016-July 2017