Last Updated, 23 February 2020.
We respect the privacy of children and “child” means an individual under the age of 13. All information and content on this website is intended for individuals over the age of 18 that reside in the United States. Children under the age of 18 are prohibited from using this website. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental or guardian consent. If you believe personal information is collected from someone under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent, then please contact us to have that information deleted.
Collection of Information
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to manage this Website, to communicate with you, or to make this Website better. Visitors can read published content and interact with the Website through features such as comments, “likes,” and follows.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to the Site
The amount and type of information that you are asked to provide depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Follower and Subscriber Information: When a User subscribes to the Website, we collect your email address.
- Site Comments: When a User leaves a comment on the Website, we collect that comment, and other information that the User provides along with the comment, such as the User’s name and email address.
- Other Information Entered on the Site: We may also collect other information that a User enters on the Website–such as a contact form submission, a search query, or Site registration.
Subscribing to this Website is an optional and voluntary action. Subscribers to this Website may be asked to provide an email address. If you subscribed to this Website by email, you can opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of each email. Otherwise, you can manage your subscription at any time by using the subscription form found both in the right column and footer of this page.
Information Collected Automatically
When you access or use this Website, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Technical Data from a User’s Computer: This includes the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to a site, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- User Interactions: We collect information about a User’s interactions with a Site, including the “likes” and “ratings” left by Users to the Website.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of a User’s device from the IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, tally how many people visit the Website from certain geographic regions.
- Akismet Commenter Information: We collect information about Users who comment on the Website and typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
- Information from Cookies and Other Technologies: A cookie is a string of information that a Site stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the Site each time the visitor returns. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Pixel tags (also called web beacons) are small blocks of code placed on Sites.
Use of Information
Please note that we may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Create, manage and enhance the operation of and content on this Website;
- Notify you of the publication of new blog posts if you subscribe by email;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Flag or fight comments from spammers;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with this Website;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- When you participate in the interactive areas of this Website, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- With your consent or at your direction.
WordPress.com may share information collected about Website Users under the limited circumstances as spelled out in its Privacy Notice for Visitors to Our User’s Sites and its Legal Guidelines.
Services Used by This Website
For additional information:
- See https://jetpack.com/support/comments/#privacy detailing the data collected by Jetpack and Akismet when a User submits a comment.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we strive to follow generally commercial industry standards to protect your personal information submitted to us voluntarily and automatically. However, no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee absolute security of your information. When you make a credit card purchase or purchase through any means on the website, you will be directed to a third party vendor to complete the transaction. Any information you provide during the checkout process is not stored on our website but instead provided to the third party vendor that completes the purchase transaction.
By using this website, you agree to hold us harmless for any security breach and for any unauthorized use of your personal information by third parties. You also agree that we cannot be held responsible for any disclosure of your information through our website without our knowledge and consent.