In this, the inaugural post for this blog, it seemed appropriate to share the design for desk calendar that I put together to give to friends to start off the new year.
Here’s how I did it:
- one sheet of 12 x 12 inch cardstock
- one sheet of a coordinating pattern (this is a perfect use of scraps since you only need to be able to cut a rectangle measuring 2 inches x 3.75 inches)
- calendar pages, measuring 3 inches x 3 inches
- foam pop dots
- corner punch
- Stampendous House Mouse Happy Hoppers stamp — Bunny Luv
- Spectrum Noir or Xpress cardstock for stamping and coloring image
- Copic markers: C1, C3, C5, W1, W2, W3, E000, E00, E11, R46, B000
- Miscellaneous ribbon, rhinestones, etc. for decorations
1. Using a 12×12 inch sheet of solid paper, cut and score three strips as follows:
- 12″ x 4″ scored at 1 inch, 6 inches and 11 inches
- 6″ x 4″ scored at 1 inch, 3 inches, and 5 inches
- 2 1/4″ x 4″ (no scoring)
2. Cut one piece from a coordinating paper: 2 inches x 3.75 inches.
3. Cut a 3 3/4″ diameter circle from the solid paper and the white cardstock.
4. Fold the 12″ x 4″ strip in half along the score mark. Then fold along the scores at each end to form a tent.
5. Fold the 6″ x 4″ strip in half along the score lines. Fold the 1″ score lines on each end as shown below:
6. Apply adhesive along 1″ scored tabs. Adhere strips together as shown below to form a triangle, creating the calendar stand.
7. Adhere calendar block to calendar stand. I created my own calendar, but similar ones are available online. Apply foam pop dots on each side of the calendar and along the top of the calendar stand.
8. Use a corner punch to round the corners of the solid 2 1/4″ x 4″ piece. Layer and adhere coordinating pattern piece to the solid layer.
9. Attach ribbon around layered rectangle. Remove backing from foam pop dots and attach layered rectangle to the calendar stand.
10. Stamp and color the white cardstock with the desired design. Layer and adhere the stamped cardstock to the solid circle.
11. Attach layered circle to top of calendar stand. Add bow, rhinestones, pearls or other embellishments as desired.
Here are other versions of the same calendar. Enjoy!