Take a look at the latest digital release from Power Poppy! Heart Abloom is a tapestry of spring flowers fill a large, lush heart shape in this Color Story adventure! The flowers for this heart were expressly chosen for this scene to celebrate yellows, greens, blues and purples. We have Daffodils and Narcissus, a myriad of single and double Hellebores, Trout Lilies, and then the surprise guest: Blueberries! Now, here’s the thing. Blueberries ripening on the vine start out a very pale greenish-white. The same stem can have a multitude of shades in white, pink, chartreuse, light and dark blue. Hellebores also are cross-pollinated to create loads of color combinations. So, whether you take this Color Story into cool territory with green, blue, deep purple, and white, or something warmer with blushes, yellows, and peachy tones, you are pretty much going to end up with a masterpiece!
Lately, I’ve been designing cards for Copic classes where I try to use a limited number of markers so that my students don’t have to buy a lot of markers in order to take a class. However, this time I got to color just for me and could pull out lots of markers and experiment with color and blends. I’ll try to break down the various combinations here and in the supply list below I’ll simply post the list of markers.
- Flower Combo 1: Y00, Y02, YG11, BV0000, BV00
- Flower Combo 2: Y00, Y02, YG11, BV00
- Flower Combo 3: R00, R30, R32, Y00, Y02, BV00
- All leaves & stems: YG03, YG17, YG67, BV23
- Flower Combo 1: R00, R30, R32, Y00, Y02, BV000, BV00
- Flower Combo 2: R30, R32, Y00, Y02, BV000
- Flower Combo 3: Y00, Y02, YG03, BV000
- Flower Combo 4: YG11, YG21, Y00, Y02
- All leaves & stems: G40, G43, G46, BV23
- Trout Lily
- Petals: E000, E00, E02, E04
- Stems: E23, E27
- Berry Combo 1: B000, B02, B06, B18
- Berry Combo 2: RV52, RV55, RV66
- Berry Combo 3: RV52, YG11
- Banner: E000, E00, E02, YG11, YG13, YG17, BV00
- Snail: E21, E23, E27
Take a look at what the rest of the Instant Gardener team has for you! And be sure to stop by the Power Poppy blog.
Below are the supplies I’ve used for today’s project. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer for free or at a discount. All other items were personally purchased. Read more.
Paper: X-Press It Blending Card
Stamp: Heart Abloom (*) by Power Poppy
Copics: BV0000, BV000, BV00, BV23, RV52, RV55, RV66, R00, R30, R32, Y00, Y02, YG11, YG03, YG17, YG21, YG67, G40, G43, G46, B000, B02, B06, B18, E000, E00, E02, E04, E21, E23, E27