GOOD EVENING FRIENDS! It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for – the new holiday release by Power Poppy! There will be two collections in this release. The first collection will be released October 23rd to October 27th. The second collection is scheduled to be released November 12th to 16th. And before you ask – the images will be available as both digital stamps and clear polymer sets.
We’re starting off tonight with the first stamp from Collection One:
- Mossy Pots with Paper Whites Clear Polymer Stamp Set
- Mossy Pots with Paper Whites: Tureen Digital Stamp Set
- Mossy Pots with Paperwhites: Accent Pieces Digital Stamp Set.
The clear stamp set features two images of potted paperwhites. Here, I’m using the digital version of the third image featuring a paperwhite nestled between ornaments and sprigs of holly. I had planned on using one of the sentiments in the set, but once I had my card together, it was easier to stamp one of the sentiments from the Cozy Cupfuls clear stamp set.
I’ve linked the supplies for today’s project with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Today’s card features:
- Mossy Pots with Paperwhites: Accent Pieces by Power Poppy
- Cozy Cupfuls by Power Poppy [sentiment]
- Copic coloring (see marker list below)
- Additional basic supplies linked in thumbnails below
Step by Step for Mossy Pots with Paperwhites
- Cut card base from heavy weight white cardstock (110#) measuring 4.25″ x 11″ and score at 5.5″ for a top fold card.
- Cut two pieces of medium weight white cardstock (80#) measuring 3.5″ x 4.25″ and 1.5″ x 4.25″.
- Cut two pieces of coordinating design cardstock to 3.25″ x 4.25″ and .75″ x 4.25″. Here I used a double sided cardstock so I automatically had a coordinating pattern!
- Adhere smaller design cardstock piece to smaller white cardstock piece, leaving roughly a 1/8″ border on the bottom only. Adhere to card base roughly 1/4″ from bottom of card.
- Adhere larger design cardstock piece to middle of larger white cardstock piece. You should have roughly a 1/8″ border top and bottom. Adhere to card base roughly 3/4″ from top of card. It will slightly overlap with the previous piece.
- Stamp sentiment in upper right corner of card base above the layers in a black pigment ink.
- Print digital image on white Copic friendly cardstock and color with Copic markers. See marker list and coloring notes below.
- Fussy cut colored image and apply foam adhesive squares to the back.
- Adhere colored image to die cut doily tag as shown.
- Adhere image to front of card as shown.
Coloring Notes for Mossy Pots with Paperwhites
COPICS: BV20, BG11, BG15, BG18, BG32 (teal ornament); BV20, Y21, Y23. Y26, Y28 (gold ornament); BV20, R35, R37 (berries); YG03, YG17, YG67 (holly leaves); BV20, YG01, YG03, Y000, Y21 (paperwhite); BV20, BV23 (shadows)
- When coloring the ornaments, start with the lightest color in the combination (either BG11 or Y21) and drawn the circles for the reflections. I do this first so that I remember to include them. Then use the lightest color to apply a base coat to the rest of the ornament.
- You will notice that I used BV20 in both ornaments to help get extra depth of color and enhance the roundness of the ornaments. Once you have applied the base coat, use BV20 in the darkest areas to help deepen the contours. You can apply your medium and dark tones overtop. You may need to reapply the BV20, and your light, medium and dark tones to get a good blend.
- On your last coloring pass, add the darkest tones (either BG18 or Y28) only as needed in the deepest areas. Blend out only as necessary with the remaining colors to get a smooth blend.
Power Poppy Blog
That’s it for me today! See you tomorrow with the next image in the Quiet Christmas release. See you then!
Below I’ve listed the products used for today’s project. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you (see disclosure). I pay out of pocket for the majority of the products — papers, inks, dies, embellishments, etc. — that you see in my projects with the exception of the handful of products that I receive for design team work or guest posts. I only use products that I love. If you like my projects, please consider supporting me by clicking through these links when you shop. Thanks so much!
5 thoughts on “Mossy Pots With Paperwhites by Power Poppy”
Love the color combos! Cannot wait to see the rest of the release!
Its so nice to see your joy! Thank you so much…
Those baubles and berries really SHINE! What a love card design! Plus, love that sentiment…so much so that I had to pull my older Christmas sets out and have a looky loo! hee hee
Beautiful! I love the colors papers and the CAS design. Just beautiful.
What a gorgeous card, Nancy! Your coloring is fabulous (as always), and I really love the layout and the wonderful die and DP! Truly a stunning card, my friend! Hugs and love!