GOOD MORNING FRIENDS! I’m back with another project – this time a slim line card – featuring the Kittens & Mittens stamp set by Colorado Craft Company. I don’t usually make slim line cards, but I had an idea in mind and the extra width was perfect for this layout. Living with a household of spoilt cats, I knew that I had to color this image! Plus I had some extra time this weekend, so I put together a Copic coloring video for this image.
As always, I’ve linked the supplies below with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Today’s project features:
- Kittens & Mittens by Colorado Craft Company
- Merry Everything by Colorado Craft Company
- Slim Diagonal Stitched Rectangles by Pinkfresh Studio
- Copic coloring (see marker list below)
- Additional supplies linked in thumbnails below.
Step by Step for Kittens & Mittens
- Score a letter size sheet of Neenah Solar White #110 cardstock at 4.25″ length-wise. Fold sheet in half at the score line. Trim folded card to 3.75″ x 8.75″ to form the card base. This card will fit in a standard #10 envelope (4 ⅛” x 9 ½”).
- Using the Slim Diagonal Stitched Rectangles die set by PinkFresh Studio:
- Cut a piece of Bazzill Cardstock in Mediterranean or other blue cardstock using the largest die in the set.
- Cut a piece of Hammermill 100# cardstock (or other Copic compatible paper) with the second largest die in the set. This will be your image layer.
- Stamp sentiment from the Merry Everything stamp set on the left side of the image layer as shown using Versafine Clair in Nocturne.
- Stamp image from the Kittens & Mittens stamp set on the right side of the on the image layer as shown using a Copic friendly ink. I used Nuvo Hybrid Ink in Shadow Black.
- Using the Copic coloring video as a guide, color the image (Copic markers shown below). Make sure that you do not color over the sentiment. Versafine Clair ink is NOT Copic compatible. The ink will smear and damage your marker nib.
- Adhere craft foam or foam tape to the back of the image layer for dimension.
- Assemble layers as shown.
Copic Coloring Video
Hope you enjoyed today’s project and coloring video. Please at subscribe to my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/rowhousegreetings
COPICS: E00, E21, E23 (left cat); B12, B14, B16, B18 (scarf, mittens & boots); C1, C3, C5 (center cat); YG03, YG17, YG67 (scarf, mittens & boots); W1, W3, W5 (right cat); BG11, BG23, BG15, BG18 (hat, scarf, mittens & boots); BV20, BV23, BV25 (boot soles); BV0000, BV000, BG10, W1 (background)
[Compensated affiliate links used when possible. In addition, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased.]
One thought on “Kittens & Mittens by Colorado Craft Company”
Another beautiful card by Nancy Sheads, yet this one just oozes love. I so enjoy watching you color, please never stop!