In this online class, you will complete three cards featuring the Tulla & Norbert clear stamp set by PhotoPlay. This class is pared down to just Copics — no stenciling, heat embossing, foiling, etc. — so that we can concentrate on the basics. The marker colors were chosen to blend with the coordinating Tulla & Norbert design paper by PhotoPlay.
Since we are still social distancing, this Copic class is offered completely online so you can work on it from home at your leisure. It includes five videos as follows:
- The first video goes over different blending techniques, including blending light to dark, dark to light, tip to tip, and what I often call speed coloring. Start here if you are new to Copic coloring or need to review blending techniques.
- The next three videos show you how to color the each of the gnome images.
- The final video shows you how to assemble the cards.
To participate, you’ll need to purchase the class kit from Photo Scraps and provide Tracy with your email address. Once the class videos are available, you will receive an email containing a link and password for the instructional materials. For additional information, please call Photo Scraps at (410) 549-5187.
Class fee $28 and includes the card kits and access to the instructional videos.
Class Supply List
COPIC MARKERS: Below are the markers and supplies that I will be using in this class. Please feel free to substitute where necessary to participate in class. If your markers are different colors than the ones I’ve selected or a completely different brand, you will obviously get different results. But this class is about technique and creativity. So don’t be afraid to try something different!
- R20: Blush
- R27: Cadmium Red
- Y02: Canary Yellow
- YG03: Yellow Green
- YG17: Grass Green
- BG11: Moon White
- BG13: Mint Green
- E000: Pale Fruit Pink
- E11: Barley Beige
- C1: Cool Gray No. 1
- C3: Cool Gray No. 3
- C5: Cool Gray No. 5
- 0: Colorless Blender
ADDITIONAL SUPPLIES: You will also need the following –
- Card kit purchased from Photo Scraps
- Uni-Posca Extra Fine Marker (PC-1m.1) in White. You could try substituting a white gel pen, but I think you’ll have better results with the Uni-Posca marker.
- Distress Inks in Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Peacock Feathers (you can substitute with Distress Oxides)
- Nuvo Crystal Glaze or Glossy Accents
- Foam tape or foam squares (such as Gina K. Designs Foam Squares or Scrapbook Adhesives 3-D Squares). If desired, you can substitute Craft Foam (AKA Fun Foam) in place of the foam tape/squares).
- Tape runner or other adhesive for assembling card