Catching up on a few cards that I created, but never posted to my blog. This one was created for the LDRS Creative Inspiration blog back in May. It’s a simple card that features the Daisy Daisy Stamp and Die set by Polkadoodles. I liked this particular card design because I was able to use up different bits of solid card stock left over from other projects.
My card uses one of the stamps in the collection — A Teacup Full of Wishes — featuring Winnie sitting on a teacup with a heart filled note. The stamp is deeply etched, creating a crisp image when stamped. I colored the image using Copic markers (the colors are listed below). I paired it with a selection of papers available from the 6×6 paper pack and dies from Creative Basics.
All of these products and much more are available online from LDRS Creative. Be sure to stop by and see the full collection — limited qualities are available so this will sell out quick!
I added a layer of pale pink card stock to my card base as the background. I stamped the stem & leave stamp and one of the flowers from the Daisy Daisy Stamp & Dies set on Copic Express Blending Card and cut the flower using the dies in the set. The stem and leaves were colored with Copic markers. After trimming the blending card to size, I backed it with gold vellum. I used one of the dies in the Allifair Build-A-Card Die Set to create the fence die cut and adhered it to the card. I used foam squares to adhere the image to the front of the card giving it some dimension.
For the inside, I layered the pink card stock and the gold vellum to my card base. I stamped one of the sentiments from the Sami Swan Stamp and Die Set on a piece of white Neenah 80# cardstock using Versamark ink.
The end result is a simple, but elegant card that would bright anyone’s day.
I’m over on the LDRS Inspiration Blog today with a new project created with new released available at LDRS Creative. Sometimes I challenge myself to create a card without using my Copic markers. This particular card was made entirely from patterned and coordinating solid papers and die cuts. I used red foil paper for the word die and the hearts for added interest.