HEY FRIENDS! I’m thrilled to announce that I was asked to be part of the Thrinchie Design Team over at AALL & Create. Don’t know what a Thrinchie is? Well, that’s OK – I didn’t know either until they told me! The challenge is to make one 3 inch square card featuring at least one of the fabulous designs from Tracy Evans’s collections at AALL & Create. There will be a different set theme for each card starting with Week 1 – Spring.
Now don’t panic – the challenge lasts from the 1st of July to the 31st of August 2022 so there is plenty of time to be creative. If you participate every week, you will have completed 30 mini works of art.
And what will you do with 30 mini works of art? Well, pretty much whatever you want, but I think that they’re the perfect size to add to a gift. And the themes are generic enough to work for just about any occasion. See below for rules and entry information. There will be great prizes for the winners!
WEEK 1 – Spring
Some links in the post are affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for helping me provide you with more new content!
Today’s project features:
- * #625 – Vines by Tracy Evans for AALL & Create
- * #307 – Overlapping Texture by Tracy Evans for AALL & Create
- * #624 – Crocus by Tracy Evans for AALL & Create
I started by cutting a strip measuring 3″ x 9″ from a sheet of Canson XL Bristol Smooth card stock. I cut a piece at the 3″ mark and scored larger piece at the 3″ mark, giving me a 3″ square piece for the card front and a 3″ square top folding card base.
I placed the Vines stamp on a stamping block and randomly applied Distress Oxide inks in Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint. Then I stamped the card front, creating a varigated vine pattern for the background. I applied Distress Oxide ink in Faded Jeans on the Overlapping Texture stamp and randomly stamped the background. Next I stamped a portion of the Viola image and the “Tranquil” sentiment from the Crocus stamp set using Versafine Clair in Nocturne. I quickly covered the ink with clear embossing powder and heat set the image.
I trimmed the card front by 1/8″ on each side and adherred it to the cardbase with double sided foam tape. And with that, my first Thrinchie was complete!
HOW TO ENTER THE THRINCHIE CHALLENGE
- Create a series of Thrinchie cards featuring Tracy Evans’s designs. (A three-inch square.) – Include the theme for each day in your card. – Share the creations on your social media accounts as well as the AALL & Create Fanatics Facebook group (entries must appear on this group to be valid), during the challenge. (1st July to 30th September 2022)
- If you are not on social media and want to participate, please send your thrinchies to firstname.lastname@example.org – These cards should be made using ONLY AALL & Create products (i.e. stamps, stencils, dies and washi tapes) with no competitor brand’s products.
- Use the following hashtags: #aallandcreate #thrinchiechallenge #thrinchiechallengetheme1 #thrinchiechallengetheme2 etc.
There will be some great prizes at the end, including large bundles of AALL & Create products for FIVE lucky winners.
That’s it for me today! Be sure to post your projects!
[Compensated affiliate links used when possible. In addition, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased.]