I’ve always loved Mary Engelbreit’s illustrations so I was thrilled to see that they are now available from RubberMoon, whose stamps are always high quality and give a great impression. The Queen’s Ink is carrying the entire Mary Engelbreit collection which includes stamps and washi tape.
This particular project is sized for a 5.5″ square shadow box. The steps are shown below.
- Cut white cardstock to 5.5″ x 5.5″
- Ink blend background with Distress Inks – Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, Mermaid Lagoon.
- Splatter background with water and blot dry as needed.
- Splatter background with Nuvo Mica Mist in Violet Lustre, Nebula Blue, and Antique Gold.
- Set background aside to dry thoroughly.
- Stamp image on Copic compatible paper with an appropriate ink. I used Amalgam Ink from Gina K. Designs.
- Color image with Copic markers as shown. Marker colors listed below.
- Fussy cut image (the hat ribbon fell victim to my fuzzy cutting skills).
- Stamp sentiment on background with Versafine ink in Onyx Black. Cover with clear embossing powder and heat set.
- Apply foam adhesive squares to back of image and adhere to background.
- With Swirling Stars die, cut stars from gold foil cardstock and glue to background.
- Add drops of Nuvo Glitter Drops in Honey Gold to background.
- Add Nuvo Crystal Drops to eyeglass lens.
- Allow project to dry thoroughly.
- Frame finished project.
The finished project will be on display at The Queen’s Ink so be sure to stop by and see it as well as the full line of Mary Englebreit images, which includes stamps, washi tape and stickers.
Disclosure: Below are the supplies I’ve used for today’s project. All items were personally purchased except those marked with an asterisk (*) which were provided by a store or design team. I never share a product I do not like. All opinions are my own. Read more.
Where available I use compensated affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. I use this money to support my blog. If you like my projects, please consider supporting me by clicking through these links when you shop. In addition to the affiliates listed in my disclosure, I am also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Thanks so much! Read more.
Paper: Neenah Solar White 80#; Gold Foil cardstock
Stamps: Wishing Upon a Star (Large) (*) by RubberMoon Stamps; To Imagine is Everything by (*) RubberMoon Stamps
Inks: Amalgam Ink in Obsidian by Gina K. Designs; Versafine in Oxyx Black by Tsukineko; Distress Inks in Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, and Mermaid Lagoon by Ranger – Tim Holtz
Dies: Alterations Swirling Stars by Sizzix – Tim Holtz
Embellishments: Nuvo Glitter Drops in Honey Gold by Tonic Studios; Nuvo Crystal Glaze by Tonic Studios; Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder in Clear by Ranger
Copics: E11, E21, E50, E51, E93 (skin); E55, E57, E59 (hair); V01, V04, V06, V09 (dress & hat); BG11, BG09, BG23 (hat ribbon); B000, BG10, BV000 (eyeglass lens); Y32, Y35, Y38, YR04 (moon); BV20 (shadows)
Sponsored by: The Queen’s Ink