GOOD AFTERNOON FRIENDS! I decided to take a break from holiday cards and color up some of the floral images that have been languishing in my stash. So today I’m featuring Corner Blooms by My Favorite Things to create a card for my friend Kim. She has been making face masks and sent me one to add to my rotation. So I needed a card to send as a thank you. I’ve linked all the supplies for today’s project with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Today’s project features:
- Corner Blooms by My Favorite Things
- Grateful Heart Stamp Set by Penny Black
- Simple Stackers Die Set by Penny Black
- Copic coloring (see marker list below)
- Additional basic supplies linked in thumbnails below
Step by Step
- Die cut an A2 size piece of white Copic friendly cardstock using the largest die in the Simple Stackers Die Set.
- Stamp image in upper left corner with a Copic friendly ink.
- Color image with Copic markers (see list below).
- Stamp sentiment with black ink. Since I used a hybrid ink for the image, I used it here as well.
- Adhere a piece of craft foam cut to size to the back of the image using a strong glue.
- Apply glue to back of foam and adhere to a A2 size piece of coordinating cardstock.
- Adhere card front to card base.
Coloring Details for Corner Blooms
I colored the image with Copic markers, working from light to dark. I didn’t want the end result to be solid color so I flicked the color on the petals making sure that I left some white for highlights and used the darker colors to emphasize the shadows and texture of the petals.
That’s it for me today! See you soon.
COPICS: BV000, BV00, BV01, BV04 (flowers); YG61, YG63, YG67 (flowers); C1, C2 (drop shadow)