GOOD EVENING FRIENDS! I’m back with a new card featuring the Joyous Holidays stamp set by My Favorite Things. I know it’s unusual for me to post in the evening, but I spent the day making this card and pulling together a Copic coloring video so I decided to go ahead and post.
[Supplies are linked to multiple sources in the thumbnails at the end of this post. Compensated affiliate links may be used at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.]
Today’s project features:
- Joyous Holidays by My Favorite Things
- Copic coloring (see marker list below)
- Additional basic supplies linked in thumbnails below.
Step By Step Directions for Joyous Holidays
- Cut card base from Neenah Classic Crest 110# cardstock to 4.25″ x 11″ and score at 5.5″ for a top fold card.
- Cut a sheet of pattern paper from the Christmas Cheer Paper Pad using the largest die from the Wonky Stitched Rectangle Die-namics Adhere to center of card base with a strong craft glue (I use Beacon’s 3 in 1 Adhesive).
- Cut the tag from a scrap piece of white cardstock using the largest die from the Tag Stacklets 2 set.
- Cut a piece of white craft foam to fit back of tag. Adhere to back of tag with a strong craft glue.
- Using the Merry & Bright die, cut the sentiment from black cardstock (I used Black Licorice Prestige Card Stock from MFT).
- Stamp sentiment from Merry & Bright stamp set with Versamark on a scrap of black card stock. Cover with white embossing powder (I used Ranger Embossing Powder in White), heat set and set aside.
- Stamp images on a Copic friendly paper with a Copic compatible ink (here I used Hammermill Premium Color Copy Cover 100# Cardstock with a Nuvo Hybrid Ink in Shadow Black).
- Color image with Copic markers as shown in video. I forgot to add the bird image to the video, but the colors are listed below.
- Either fussy cut or die cut the images. I used my Brother Scan ‘n’ Cut.
- Adhere “MERRY” die cut to front of tag.
- Apply foam squares to back of colored images and embossed sentiment.
- Arrange on card elements on card front as shown.
That’s it for me this evening! Hope you enjoy the video. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel and hit the like button on the video so YouTube knows that this is content worth watching.
See you soon!
COPICS: E000, E00, E11, V20 (skin); BV31, C1, C3 (beard); R24, E07, E09, E18 (jacket); BV31, C1 (fur trim); YG03 (buttons); BV23, BV25 (boots); YG17 (ladder); Y35, Y38, V20 (star); BG10 (glass lens); B12, B24, B26 (bird); R24 (bird hat)
Compensated affiliate links used when possible. In addition, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased.