GOOD MORNING FRIENDS! I’m back today with another card featuring the High-Flying Adventure stamp set by My Favorite Things. This stamp sent reminded me of my husband. Every time we get in the car, my husband and I joke that we are off on another adventure. Usually those adventures are on the ground, but a couple of summers ago, we had the opportunity to fly to Tangier Island, a small island community in the Chesapeake Bay accessible only by air or by ferry boat. A friend of my husband is a pilot with a single-prop plane and he offered to take us along on one of his trips to the island.
I’m not a good flyer — in fact, I don’t like to fly at all — so I was hesitant to go along. I knew that I would regret not going, so after a lot of reassurances from the pilot, I decided to go.
Flying in a small plane is not the same as flying in a commercial airliner. We flew at a much lower altitude so we could see the details of the landscape below us. On the one hand, it was interesting, but if you are also afraid of heights like I am, you want to be either a lot closer to the ground or high enough that you don’t see it! But after awhile, I relaxed enough to enjoy seeing the world from a different perspective.
We walked around the island, had lunch with the locals, and thoroughly enjoyed our day. If I hadn’t gone, I would have missed out on a memorable high-flying adventure!
OK – so back to the topic at hand. Today’s project features:
- High-Flying Adventure by My Favorite Things
- City Block Background by My Favorite Things
- Copic coloring (marker list below)
- Additional basic supplies linked in thumbnails below.
- Supplies linked with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
- For the card base, cut a piece of Neenah Classic Crest 110# cardstock to 5.5″ x 8.5″ and score at 4.25″ for a top fold card.
- Cut a piece of navy cardstock to 5.25″ x 3″ (I used a scrap in my stash).
- Cut a piece of red cardstock to 5.25″ x .25″ (I used Red Hot Cardstock from MFT Stamps).
- Using Versafine Clair Ink in Nocturne, stamp City Block Background on a piece of white cardstock. Cover with Nuvo Embossing Powder in Crystal Clear and heat set. Trim image to 5″ x 2.75″
- Stamp image fromHigh-Flying Adventure on a Copic friendly paper with a Copic compatible ink (here I used Hammermill Premium Color Copy Cover 100# Cardstock with Hero Arts Intense Black).
- Color images with Copic markers (see marker list below).
- Either fussy cut or die cut the image with the coordinating dies from MFT Stamps. I used my Brother Scan & Cut.
- Arrange on card background elements on card front as shown. Stamp sentiment with Versafine Clair Ink in Nocturne.
- Apply foam squares to back of colored image to add dimension.
- Add image to front of card.
SUPPLY LIST for HIGH FLYING ADVENTURE
COPICS: E31, E33, E37 (bunnies); B12, B24, B26, B39, R24, R46, R89(plane); N8 (tires); Y15, Y19, YR04 (yellow flag); R24 (striped flag)
Compensated affiliate links used when possible. In addition, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased.