WELCOME BACK! Today I’m sharing a new card and Copic coloring video featuring another of the Anita Jeram images by Colorado Craft Company. I hope you love these images as much as I do because I still have a bunch to color up and share!
Today’s project features:
- Anita Jeram The Artist Mini by Colorado Craft Company
- City Block Background Stamp by My Favorite Things
- Masking and stamping techniques
- Copic coloring (see marker list below)
- Additional basic supplies linked in thumbnails below.
- Supplies linked with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
I’m going to jump right to the coloring because I have a new video for you. The markers are listed in the video as well as in the supply list below. If the video doesn’t appear below, click here to watch it.
Step by Step for The Artist
- For the card base, cut a piece of Neenah Classic Crest 110# cardstock to 4.25″ x 11″ and score at 5.5″ for a top fold card.
- Cut a piece of Grapesicle Cardstock by My Favorite Things to 3.25″ x 4.5″
- Stamp the image from Anita Jeram The Artist Mini on a Copic friendly paper with a Copic compatible ink (here I used Hammermill Premium Color Copy Cover 100# Cardstock with Amalgam Ink in Obsidian by Gina K. Designs).
- Stamp the image on a piece of masking paper (I used Inkadinkadoo Stamping Mask Paper) and fussy cut the image.
- Cover the stamped image with the mask.
- Ink the City Block Background Stamp by My Favorite Things with Sweet Sixteen Ink Pad by Catherine Pooler Designs.
- Stamp City Block stamp over the mask to create a background.
- Remove mask and trim panel to 3″ x 4.25″ (I used the smallest die in the Diagonal Stitched Rectangles set by Pinkfresh Studio).
- Color image with Copic markers as shown in video.
- Cut a piece of craft foam to 2.75″ x 4″ and adhere to back of image with a strong adhesive. I used Beacon’s 3 in 1 Adhesive.
- Stamp sentiment with Versafine Claire ink in Nocturne on a piece of white cardstock and trim to 2″ x .75″ Cut one edge into a fishtail if desired.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock to 1.25″ x 7/8″ and color a border using the BG05 Copic marker.
- Assemble layers as shown in image.
That’s all for me today. Hope you enjoyed the card and video. See you next time!
COPICS: T1, T3, T5 (mouse); BG05, BG09, BG13 (hat, scarf, portfolio); BG000, BG01 (windows); BV000 (roofs)
[Compensated affiliate links used when possible. In addition, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased.]