HEY FRIENDS! I’m back today with another project featuring the Art from the Heart stamp by Taylored Expressions. This background stamp coordinates perfectly with the Simple Strips – Craft sentiment stamp so I can create easy and colorful cards for my crafty friends. As always, I’ve linked the supplies below with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Today’s project features:
- Art from the Heart by Taylored Expressions
- Simple Strips – Crafty by Taylored Expressions
- Ink blending with Distress Inks
- Heat embossing
- Additional supplies linked in thumbnails below.
Step by Step for Art from the Heart
- Cut a sheet of Neenah Solar White #110 cardstock 4.25″ x 11″ and score at 5.5″ to create a top folding card. Set aside.
- Cut a piece of Hammermill #100 cardstock to 4.0″ x 5.25″
- Using the Cottontail Embossing Powder Tool, brush the Hammermill cardstock to remove any oils or static electricity.
- Apply Versamark Ink to the Art from the Heart rubber stamp and stamp the cardstock. I prefer using a MISTI stamping tool to make sure that I can get a good impression. If necessary, use the Just Press Tool on the door of the MISTI to apply even pressure to the stamp.
- Sprinkle white embossing powder over the ink and heat set.
- Using a domed foam blending tool, apply Distress Inks over the embossing. You can use any color combination that you desire. I chose rainbow colors, using Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Spiced Marmalade, Mermaid Lagoon, Picked Raspberry, and Wilted Violet.
- Use a paper towel or other cloth to remove any ink from the embossing.
- Apply foam squares or foam tape to the back of the card front and adhere to the card base.
- Place the Simple Strips – Crafty stamp in your MISTI, apply Versafine Clare ink in Nocturne, and stamp the sentiments on a piece of white cardstock.
- Use the Simple Strips Die by Taylored Expression to trim the sentiments. If you don’t have the die, you could cut the sentiments individually into strips, but cutting is quicker with the die.
- Select your sentiment and apply Foam Sticky Strips by Taylored Expression to the back. Adhere sentiment to front of card.
- Add embellishments if desired. I used Majestic Confetti by Studio Katia adhered with Art Glitter Glue.
Just a note — I recently added the Ultra Fine Metal Tip to my bottle of Art Glitter Glue and find it so much easier to apply precise amounts of glue to adhere embellishments.
Here’s another look at the finished card.
Hope you enjoyed today’s project. See you again soon!
[Compensated affiliate links used when possible. In addition, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased.]