HEY FRIENDS! I’m back with a few more projects from the Christmas in July release by Colorado Craft Company. Today I’m featuring one of the new stamps by Kris Lauren — Sweater Weather. I loved these crazy Christmas sweaters so I had to color them up. Check out the full release at Colorado Craft Company!
Don’t forget that today is the last day to get free shipping on your order (FREE US and $6.95 off International orders).
Giveaway for Christmas in July Release
- Colorado Craft Company is offering FREE SHIPPING DAYS on July 19th & 20th (FREE US and $6.95 off International orders).
- They are also giving away one stamp set of the winner’s choice per designer. Be sure to visit each designer (see list in previous post) to increase your chance to win. You have until midnight mountain time on July 20th to post your comments! Winners will be announced on the Colorado Craft Company email and blog.
- AND they are doing a HUGE complete bundle giveaway to ONE lucky winner. To enter, just shop from my affiliate link to Colorado Craft Company for your purchases.
As always, I’ve linked supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
In order to fit all the sweaters and sentiments, I had to go big — 5″ x 7″ to be exact — so this card is larger than my usual A2 sized cards. For the card base, I cut a piece of Neenah Classic Crest to 7″ x 10″ and scored at 5″. Using the 5 x 7 Matting Basics A and the 5 x 7 Matting Basics B die sets by Spellbinders, I cut a piece of Blue Beyond Cardstock by My Favorite Things and a piece of Hammermill Smooth Cardstock as shown.
- Snowman Sweater: BG10, B00, B41 (snowman); RV25, RV29 (scarf & hat); RV25, RV29, B26, B29, FB2 (sweater)
- Polar Bear Sweater: W0, W1, E30 (bear); RV29, R59, YG06, G05, G28 (sweater)
- Penguin Sweater: C0, C5, C7, C9 (penguin); RV25, RV29, R59 (sweater)
Once the coloring was complete, I assembled the layers as shown.
For the card base, I cut a piece of Neenah Classic Crest to 4.25″ x 11″ and scored at 5.5″. I also cut a piece of cut a piece of Simons Says Stamp Cardstock in Fog Gray to 4.25″ x 5.5″ and a piece of design paper to 2″ x 4.25″ which I assembled as shown and set aside.
For the image layer, I cut a piece of Hammermill Smooth White Cardstock using the medium die in the Folk Edge Squares die set by Pinkfresh Studio. I stamped one of the images from the Kris Lauren Sweater Weather and colored it with the following Copic markers:
- Sweater: R14, R24, R46, R59
- Stripes: YG06, G07, G28
- Belt: Y38, W5, W7, W9
- Skin: E000, E11, E21
- Beard: W1, W3, W5
- Trim: W1, W3
That’s all for me today. Until next time ….
Supplies for Sweater Weather
[Compensated affiliate links used when possible. In addition, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased.]