My mother’s 87th birthday is this weekend. She was actually a leap year baby, but we traditionally celebrate her birthday on February 28th in those years where the calendar doesn’t seem to know what to do with her birthday. Since my husband and I have four cats, it’s not unusual for us to give (and receive) something cat-themed. And since my mother is allergic, this is as close as she gets! So when I saw this digital stamp from Tiddly Inks, I knew my mother would enjoy it.
To create the card base:
- Cut teal card stock for card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″
- Cut 2 pieces of white card stock (white): 1-7/8″ x 5-1/4″ and 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Cut 2 pieces of teal card stock: 3″ x 4-1/4″
- Cut 2 pieces of teal card stock: 2-7/8″ x 4″
- Cut 2 pieces of pink card stock: 2-7/8″ x 4″
- Cut 2 pieces of patterned paper: 1-5/8″ x 5″ and 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Print or stamp image and inside sentiments on Copics E-Press: 2-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ (Stitched Rectangles die was used here).
- Color image with Copic® Markers.
- Adhere layers as shown in photograph and add embellishments as desired.
Cardstock: Recollections in teal, pink, and white
Patterned Paper: Recollections (Teal Paisley)
Digital Stamps: Purfect Birthday and Set of Kittys by Tiddly Inks
Dies: Simon Says Stamp! Stitched Rectangles (SSSD111455)
Embellishments: Queen & Co. Twinkle Goosebumps; Celebrate It Tempo Ribbon in sheer pink; Crystal Stickers Pearls
Copic® Markers: E000, E00, E11, R20 (skin); B000, B00, B01, B02, R81, R83, R85 (clothing); N1, N3, N5 (shoes); N1, N3, N5, R81 (ballon and hat); N1, N3, N5 (cat); R83 (lettering)