GOOD AFTERNOON FRIENDS! It’s that time of year again when My Favorite Things hosts it’s annual Card Design Superstar Contest. So this is my entry in the Clean & Simple Genius category. The overall the theme of the card is encouragement so I wanted it to be cheery and colorful. The images from the High Flying Adventure stamp set by My Favorite Things always make me smile so I thought it would be the perfect set for this card.
As always, I’ve linked the supplies below with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Today’s project features:
- High Flying Adventure by My Favorite Things
- High Flying Adventure Die-namics by My Favorite Things
- Sending You Hugs Die-namics by My Favorite Things
- Copic coloring (see marker list below)
- Additional supplies linked in thumbnails below.
Step by Step for High Flying Adventure
- Cut a piece of Neenah Solar White #110 cardstock to 4.25″ x 11″ scored at 5.5″ to form the card base.
- Cut a piece of Something Blue Prestige Cardstock to 4″ x 3″ and die cut with the Sending You Hugs Die-namics. Remove the letters.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock to 4″ x 5.25″ and position the Sending You Hugs Die-namics along the bottom. Run through your die-cut machine and remove the white letters.
- Apply a piece of 4″ wide double side adhesive to the back, covering the die cut words.
- Inlay the blue letters in place to create the bottom sentiment.
- Stamp sentiment from the High Flying Adventure stamp set above the die cut sentiment with Versafine Clair in Nocturne.
- Apply craft foam or foam tape to the back for dimension.
- Stamp images from the High Flying Adventure stamp set on a piece of Hammermill 100# cardstock with a Copic compatible ink.
- Color images (Copic markers shown below) and die cut with the coordinating High Flying Adventure Die-namics.
- Apply small adhesive foam squares to the back of the plane image.
- Assemble layers as shown.
Hope you enjoyed today’s project! I’ll be back soon with my entry in the Coloring Virtuoso category!
COPICS: R14, R24, R46, R59, C0, C1, C3, C5 (plane); C3, C5, C7 (wheels); E00, E21, E23 (rabbits); Y15, Y38, YG13, B12, B24 (flags)
Compensated affiliate links used when possible. In addition, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased.