HEY FRIENDS! Something a little different today. With the holidays coming, I like to add a bit of sparkle and shine to my cards, so I pulled out my Spellbinders Glimmer Foil System and got to work. I recently purchased the Winter Berries Frame foil plate by Pinkfresh Studio and decided to use it as the focus of my card. Now I know that not all of you have a Glimmer System – no fear! This same image is available as a clear stamp set that you could use with gold embossing powder the result would be equally elegant.
As always, I’ve linked supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
- Winter Berries Frame Foil Plate by Pinkfresh Studio [ SBC | SBP ]
- Folk Edge Rectangles by Pinkfresh Studio [ SBC | SBP ]
- Thrill of Hope by Pinkfresh Studio [ RETIRED but still available at Frantic Stamper ]
- Thrill of Hope dies by Pinkfresh Studio [ RETIRED but still available at Frantic Stamper ]
- Glimmer Foiling System by Spellbinders [ SBC | SBP ]
- Glimmer Foil in Champagne by Spellbinders [ SBC ]
- Copic marker coloring (see list below)
- Additional supplies listed in the thumbnails below.
After the image was foiled on Hammermill cardstock, I colored the leaves and berries with Copic markers. I wanted a soft effect so I used more muted tones instead of the usual darker greens and reds. Copic marker BG90 is very light and hard to blend with BG93, so I used the tip-to-tip blending method to make it work.
That’s all for today! See you again soon!
COPICS: RV91, RV95 (berries); BG90, BG93 (leaves)
[Compensated affiliate links used when possible. In addition, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased.]