HEY FRIENDS! I’m back today with a new project and a new Copic coloring video featuring the Happy Dance stamp set by Pinkfresh Studio. Last weekend, I attended Simon Says Create in Columbus, Ohio, and did A LOT of shopping, coming home with many new-to-me stamp sets and dies for upcoming projects. So this is the first of many projects featuring the recent additions to my stash. For today’s project, I also fired up my Glimmer Hot Foil System (Spellbinders) to create a subtle hot foiled background.
As always, I’ve linked supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
- Happy Dance | Pinkfresh Studio [ SBC | SSS ]
- Happy Dance Coordinating Die | Pinkfresh Studio [ SBC | SSS ]
- Ornate Oval Frame | Pinkfresh Studio [ SBC | SSS ]
- Lacy Edgers 1 | Pinkfresh Studio [ RETIRED ]
- Lush Vines Foil Plate | Pinkfresh Studio [ SBC | SSS ]
- Glimmer Hot Foil System | Spellbinders [ SBC | SSS ]
- Copic marker coloring (see list below)
- Additional supplies listed in the thumbnails below.
Copic Coloring Video
If the video doesn’t appear below, click HERE to view.
Step by Step Instructions
NOTE: If you do not have a hot foil system (either Spellbinders or Gemini), you could substitute a suitable embossing folder for the hot foiled background.
- Preheat your Glimmer Hot Foil System.
- Cut card base from Neenah Classic Crest 110# cardstock to 4.25″ x 11″ and score at 5.5″ for a top fold card.
- Cut a piece of Hammermill cardstock to 4.25″ x 5.5″.
- Foil the Hammermill cardstock using the Lush Vines Foil Plate and Opal Glimmer Foil following directions for the Glimmer Hot Foil System. Glue foiled cardstock to front of cardbase using Beacon’s 3-in-1 Craft Glue. Set aside until final card assembly.
- Die cut the Ornate Oval Frame from a piece of pale pink cardstock. Die cut a second oval frame from Neenah Classic Crest 110#. Glue the die cuts together using Connect Glue.
- Use Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black to stamp image from Happy Dance stamp set on a piece of Hammermill cardstock. Color image with Copic markers (see video). Die cut image using Happy Dance Coordinating Die. Apply foam squares or foam tape to the back of the die cut image and set aside for final assembly.
- Cut a piece of Hammermill cardstock to approximately 1.5″ x 4.25″ and use a straight border die to create a cut pattern along the top. I used Lacy Edgers 1 by Pinkfresh Studio which has been retired, but any straight border die will work. Apply a thin strip of glitter cardstock below the die cut edge.
- Stamp sentiment using Versafine Clair Ink in Nocturne.
- Assembly layers as shown.
Hope you enjoyed today’s project! See you again soon!
COPICS: RV55, RV63, RV66 (pinks); YR07, Y35, Y38 (yellows); YG03, YG17, YG67 (greens); B00, B02, B04 (blues)
[Compensated affiliate links used when possible. In addition, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased.]