HEY FRIENDS! I’m back today with a project featuring the Best Year Yet stamp set by Simon Says Stamp. This stamp was part of the May 2023 card kit which will probably sell out shortly, but the individual elements are available for sale on the Simon Says Stamp website. So don’t panic if the card kit is sold out – you can still buy this stamp set on its own.
I liked this stamp because the sentiments and images are basic and I can easily put together a birthday card when I need one. It seems like I never have a birthday card when I need one so this stamp set filled that need. As always, I’ve linked supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
- Best Year Yet by Simon Says Stamp [ SSS ]
- A2 Marquee Die Set by Simon Says Stamp [ SSS ]
- Copic marker coloring (see list below)
- Additional supplies listed in the thumbnails below.
Step by Step Instructions for Best Year Yet
- Cut card base from Neenah Classic Crest 110# cardstock to 4.25″ x 11″ and score at 5.5″ for a top fold card.
- Cut a piece of coordinating cardstock to 4.25″ x 5.5″ (I used Simon Says Stamp 100# cardstock in Sunshine).
- Die cut a piece of Hammermill cardstock using the middle die in the A2 Marquee Die Set. Stamp image and sentiment using Hero Arts Intense Black Ink.
- Color image as shown using Copic markers (see list below).
- Assemble layers as shown. Add sequins if desired (I used Surprise Party by Simon Says Stamp) using Connect Glue. I also found it easier to pour the sequins in to a triangular tray. The sequins stayed in one place and were easy to pour back into the bag. Well worth the small investment!
Now wasn’t that easy? Hope you enjoyed today’s project. See you again soon.
COPICS: BG01, BG02, B00, RV13, RV14, RV17 (big present); Y35, Y38, YG03, YG07, G09 (small present); RV10, RV14, Y35, Y38, B02 (cake, candle & plate)
[Compensated affiliate links used when possible. In addition, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased.]