GOOD MORNING FRIENDS! I’m not quite sure what to say about today’s card. It just sort of evolved! Stenciling, ink blending, Copic coloring – it’s all there paired with a sweet stamp from My Favorite Things. As many of you know, I love the Birdie Brown stamps from My Favorite things and was sad to hear that she is retiring. This stamp – Sunflower Sweetheart – is one of my favorites so I decided to pull it out and get to work!
Today’s project features:
- BB Sunflower Sweetheart (MFT Stamps)
- BB Sunflower Sweetheart Die-Namics (MFT Stamps)
- Sweet Hello Die-Namics (MFT Stamps)
- Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics (MFT Stamps)
- Radiating Rays Stencil (MFT Stamps)
- Grassy Edges Stencil (MFT Stamps)
- Cloud Stencil (MFT Stamps)
- Assorted Distress Inks linked in thumbnails below for ink blending
- Copic coloring (see marker list below)
- Additional basic supplies linked in thumbnails below.
- Supplies linked with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
I cut a piece of white cardstock using the Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX die by My Favorite Things. For the bottom edge of the card, I used the Grassy Edges Stencil blended with Distress Inks in Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn. Next, I placed the Radiating Rays Stencil in the upper left corner, blending with Distress Inks in Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade. Then I filled in the middle using the Cloud Stencil with Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Tumbled Glass, and Broken China.
For the images, I stamped the images on Hammermill cardstock with Nuvo Hybrid Ink in Shadow Black. I colored the images with Copic markers (see list below) and used the coordinating dies to cut out the images.
For the sentiment, I used the Sweet Hello Die-Namics from MFT Stamps to cut the hello sentiment twice from Neenah 110# cardstock. I colored one of the die cuts with Copic markers (BG01, BG02, BG07) to create a gradient. I glued the two die cuts together using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
So that’s all from me today! See you again soon!
COPICS: E000, E00, E11, E21 (skin); E53, E55, E57 (hair); RV10, R81, R83, R85, B0000, B000 (dress); R83, R85 (sandals); B000, BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07 (hat); Y35, Y38, E53, E55, YG21, YG03, YG17 (yellow flower & leaf); R81, R83, R46, N3, N5, Y35 (pink flowers); B23, B24, B26, Y35, Y38 (bluebirds); BG01, BG02, BG07 (hello diecut)
Compensated affiliate links used when possible. In addition, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased.