Happy Monday! It’s been raining all weekend with more rain to come over the next few days. So this seemed like a good day to play catch up and post the supplies I used recently on a card from last week’s Art du Jour at The Queen’s Ink.
This one really is quick and easy to put together. At first, I thought about coloring the chameleon in rainbow colors, but decided instead to stencil a rainbow background using a stencil from The Crafters Workshop. I kept the Copic colors simple as well and added a little Wink of Stella for a bit of shimmer.
Can you believe it? I made a card with only three markers!
Below are the supplies I’ve used for today’s project. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer for free or at a discount. All other items were personally purchased. Read more.
Paper: Neenah Solar White 110#; Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock
Stamp: One in a Chameleon (*) by Lawn Fawn
Dies: One in a Chameleon Coordinating Dies (*) by Lawn Fawn; Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables by Lawn Fawn; Scalloped Rectangle Stackables by Lawn Fawn
Inks: Black Amalgam (*) by Gina K. Designs; Versafine by Tsukineko in Onyx Black; Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, and Broken China
Stencils: Mini Microbial by The Crafter’s Workshop
Embellishments: Fairy Sparkle by 28 Lilac Lane; Wink of Stella by Zig in Clear
Copics: YG01, YG03 (chameleon); E35 (branch)
Join me for an new Copic class at Photo Scraps where we’ll bask in some Vitamin Sea! In this class, we’ll make three cards featuring the Gill Friend and Beach Bud stamp sets from My Favorite Things and products from the Crafter’s Workshop, Lawn Fawn and Tim Holtz. All necessary techniques are taught in class. Details are below. Seats are limited, so sign up today! CLASS FEE $26
1213 Liberty Road | Eldersburg, MD 21784
phone: 410-549-5187 | web: http://photoscraps.blogspot.com
Thursday, August 9, 2018 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Saturday, August 11, 2018 1:00 PM- 3:00 PM
Please call Photo Scraps at 410-549-5187 to register.
|COPIC MARKERS: The list below reflects the Copic markers that I will use in class. You can follow along using the same colors OR substitute colors based upon your personal Copic collection. Please bring all your markers to class and make sure your Copics are marked with Washi tape or some other means of identification.
PLEASE NOTE: Markers will NOT be supplied either by me or Photo Scraps. You must bring your own markers to participate in class. If you need markers, please contact Photo Scraps in advance of class. If you wait until class time, you may not be able to purchase the markers you need.
- Y11: Pale Yellow
- Y15: Cadmium Yellow
- Y19: Napoli Yellow
- R30: Pale Yellowish Pink
- R32: Peach
- R35: Coral
- B000: Pale Porcelain Blue
- B00: Frost Blue
- B02: Robin’s Egg Blue
- YG03: Yellow Green
- YG06: Yellowish Green
- YG09: Lettuce Green (can substitute G09)
- W0: Warm Gray No. 0
- W1: Warm Gray No. 1
- 0: Colorless Blender
- Foam Blending Tools (I use Nuvo Blending Sponges. Ranger Mini Blending Tools work as well).
- Wink of Stella in Clear by Kuretake
- Tape adhesive (I used X-Press It Double Sided Tape).
- Liquid glue (I used Connect Glue by Gina K Designs. Ranger Multi Medium Matte is suitable as well.)
- Foam tape squares (I used Scrapbook Adhesives Thin 3-D Squares)
- We will be using the following stencils and Distress Inks in class. Please bring if you have them:
- INKS: Distress Oxides in Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch
- STENCILS: Mini Microbial by The Crafters Workshop; Crazy Waves by The Crafters Workshop; Cloud Stencil by My Favorite Things