GOOD MORNING FRIENDS! There’s definitely a chill in the air so with Halloween rapidly approaching, it’s time to sneak in a few autumn cards before I go back to my Christmas cards. When I saw today’s featured stamps by Barb Rogers for RubberMoon, I thought that those pumpkins would look perfect riding in the back of Grandpa’s truck. So I did a little stamping magic using masking paper so that I could combine the two images into one. I’ve linked the supplies for today’s project with compensated affiliate links used where possible at no cost to you.
Today’s project features:
- Barb Rogers | BR7362H – Grandpa’s Ride by Rubber Moon
- Barb Rogers | BR7356F – Pumpkins for Sale by Rubber Moon
- Elizabeth St. Hilaire | ES7305H – Poppies by Rubber Moon
- Copic coloring (see list below)
- Ink blending and heat embossing for the background.
- Additional basic supplies linked in thumbnails below
Step by Step for Grandpa’s Ride
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 1.75″ x 5.5″ and ink blend from dark to light with Distress Oxide inks in Black Soot, Hickory Smoke, and Milled Lavender. Set aside and allow inks to thoroughly dry.
- Stamp truck on white Copic friendly cardstock with Copic friendly black ink.
- Stamp truck on stamping mask paper and fussy cut the image.
- Remove backing from mask and place over original stamped image.
- Stamp pumpkins so that they appear to sit in back of truck.
- Remove masking paper from image.
- Color image (Copic marker colors shown below).
- Color centers of tires with a silver gel pen.
- Fussy cut image.
- Apply foam adhesive squares to back of image and set aside.
- Cut a piece of design paper to 2.5″ x 5.5″ and adhere to card base as shown.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock to 1 7/8″ x 5.5″ and adhere to center of design paper as shown.
- Orient ink blended strip so that the darkest area is on the bottom. With watermark ink, stamp Poppies across the width of the strip. Cover with silver embossing powder and heat set.
- Glue ink blended strip to center of white cardstock.
- Stamp sentiment as shown.
- Adhere truck to front of card as shown.
That’s it for me today! See you soon!
COPICS: BV25, V25, V28 (truck body); BV20, BV23 (chrome); BV0000, B0000, BG10 (windows); R05, R39, YR09, Y35, E35, E57 (pumpkins); E30, E35, E37 (sign)
Below I’ve listed the products used for today’s project. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you (see disclosure). I pay out of pocket for the majority of the products — papers, inks, dies, embellishments, etc. — that you see in my projects with the exception of the handful of products that I receive for design team work or guest posts. I only use products that I love. If you like my projects, please consider supporting me by clicking through these links when you shop. Thanks so much!